Our first French Book Club meeting took place yesterday and I am very impressed at how well the students did. Almost everyone was on task and as a way to improve for next time we came up with some important guidelines.
1. Look the speaker in the eyes.
2. Compliment others when they share good ideas.
3. Take turns so that everyone has a chance to speak.
4. Use a talking stick so that those who are a bit more nervous to share have some time to gather their thoughts.
5. Stay with your group and don’t distract others around you.
Learning to work with others is an important skill to have when growing up. I am glad to be able to teach those skills at an early age.
All students should be done reading their first novel by now. Please remind your child to return their book to class as soon I will assign new books to read.