Birch Trees

This is another project that was done with my little group of students. It took us 4 weeks to complete but I’m so glad we did it! Our cardinal project was such a big hit that I went ahead with this one. Once again, the students are working on more advanced skills. This is something I would never be able to do with 28 students in class.

We worked on:

-holding the brush properly (not easy for some but many are improving!)

-applying watercolor on watercolor paper (we use tubes instead of crayons)

-perspective & shadows

-mixing colors together

I’ve also started modeling to the kids and creating my own art pieces. What a great way to spend our Thursday mornings!

2013-02-15_162013-02-15_162013-02-15_162013-02-15_162013-02-15_162013-02-15_162013-02-15_162013-02-15_162013-02-15_162013-02-15_162013-02-15_162013-02-15_162013-02-15_162013-02-15_162013-02-15_17
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s